LEADERSHIP LIVINGSTON PROGRAM
- WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE, for 24 hours, to participate in an exercise that demonstrates the struggles and decisions used each day by the poor, the middle class, the rich? What if you didn't have the money to buy a cup of coffee or dinner? Had no transportation? What if you are responsible for employing hundreds of people? Opening Retreat for Leadership allows you to experience this. It is a life changing exercise that promises you will never look at life the same again!
- Would you like a personal meeting with the mayors and parish elected officials in Livingston Parish including our Parish President, Sheriff, Parish Council, Assessor, Clerk of Court and others?
- Would you like to hear how their offices are run, what authority and responsibility each has? Budgets? Challenges? and future forecast in their offices with a select group of people?
- Tour the State Capitol from the "insider's view".
- How about the History of the parish? What was it like long ago? What was the Leadership like then? How did that shape today's leaders?
- What about the Cultural Influences in the parish?
- Economic Impact? Visit large employers, small business and what made them decide to locate in Livingston Parish? (You'll be surprised to know!)
- Change your view! Get the Facts and the Inside scoop for a $850 (other similar programs charge $1,000 to $2,000!). (Honestly, you would spend over $200 on 10 lunches for 10 months, for only $850 we will feed you, provide a NICE hotel room, introduce you to the leadership of the parish in a close setting, evaluate your personality and teach you how to hone your skills in working with others. And that's just a fraction of the program.
- WE will provide you with a gratifying Community Project where you get to make the difference.
- ALUMNI PROGRAM - We have begun an alumni program that is exclusive to Leadership graduates. All graduates from the previous classes are invited to participate. Therefore, the new class will have interaction with the Alumni group giving all an opportunity to meet.
Livingston Parish Proud
Discover the gems of the parish and find out things you never knew!
Leadership Livingston takes you on a monthly "grown up field trip" where you interact with presenters and learn about the hidden gems, the great people and the beautiful landscape that makes Livingston Parish the place to be.
Even those who have lived here their whole life were impressed and exposed to things they had never known or experienced before. For newcomers, it's a must.
"I could spend 50 more years in Livingston Parish and not gain the perspective on the parish that I did in one year in the Leadership Program." - 2016 Graduate
Outdoor Recreation Day
Outdoor Recreation Day showcases the gems of the parish from a waterways perspective. Many had never experienced the boaters point of view for the waterways. Tickfaw River is the highlight of the day. Expert tours take class participants through Livingston Parish waterways.
Criminal Justice Day
Weapons, K-9 Unit, Detectives, Jail Tour and more.
Past year's classes toured the sheriff's training center, parish jail, the 911 center, a criminal investigation and a host of other interesting functions of the Sheriff's Department. This is not your everyday tour. This is a one of a kind opportunity to view the department. We can't show you all that we did, apply for Leadership Livingston for a date that you will not soon forget - (that means never!)
Social Concerns & Healthcare Issues
How aware are you of these issues?
Leadership Livingston puts you in close contact with the CEO's of the three major health care systems serving Livingston Parish. Our Lady of the Lake provided free health assessments for class participants allowing the class to "know your numbers" and take control of your health. Drugs, homelessness, hunger, mental health issues, veterans issues, elderly care, foster care, child neglect, adult hunger, choosing between paying for medicines and the electric bill. These are just a few of the issues you will learn about in the Social Concerns segment. Want to make a difference???? First you have to know what the issues are and who is already in the parish addressing them. 90% of first year class participants had never heard of the some of the agencies that presented to the class on this day, that are daily addressing social issues in the parish. To make a difference, you have to know!
Leadership Livingston Class visits the LPPS School Board Council. The Administrative offices and a comprehensive overview with our school superintendent is an insightful part of the program.
Art Culture & History in Livingston Parish
Arts, Culture and the History of the parish come to life when you live the days past. Leadership Livingston takes you there with private tours, special invitations and a culmination of interesting places and knowledge of the parish.