What is Livingston Young Professionals (LYP)?
Livingston Young Professionals (LYP), a program of the Livingston Parish Chamber of Commerce, was formed in 2015 for young professionals ages 21—40, who live, work or volunteer in Livingston Parish. The program offers events, communications and opportunities for young professionals to interact with peers in the same age group. Through these opportunities, participants develop skills, grow personally, develop professionally and network with other young professionals. Oh and how could we leave out - it's FUN!
The goals of the program are:
- Provide a voice and point of view to young professionals in our area.
- Offer leadership opportunities and develop leadership skills.
- Involve and engage young professionals in advancing causes, community issues, governmental relationship and free enterprise.
- Encourage collaboration between all age groups.
- Retain and attract young professionals to live, work, volunteer, play and stay in Livingston Parish.
LYP Events | Partnerships | Participation- How we accomplish the goals?
Through interaction, events, speakers series and other avenues. See calendar link below and here.
- Mixers & Socials - Get comfortable meeting other in a welcoming, relaxed environment. Build a strong network.
- LYP Specific luncheons, programs and speakers. Mentoring and panels.
- Partner with the Chamber's Governmental Affairs Committee. How government and policy works.
- The BIG EVENT - LYP Dodge Ball Tournament
- Monthly LYP Membership and Council Meetings - Held the 3rd Thursday of each month 4:30 p.m.
- Other. ( Add LYP events tab with details on the new website. )
Who can join Livingston Young Professionals?
Young professionals (Ages 21-40) who wish to be a part of the program and advance the goals and objectives LYP. Representatives of Chamber Business Members & Stakeholders are encouraged to join and / or appoint staff to the LYP program. More than one representative from each business can join LYP as membership is tied to the individual.
Fees $35 to current chamber members. $75 to non members and other individuals. Dues are annual.
Livingston Young Professionals Leadership Council
In order to properly represent the members served through the young professionals program, a Livingston Young Professionals Leadership Council was formed. Most importantly, members of the council share the same goals as members of the young professionals program. A leadership council dedicated to the program is necessary for success. Above all, members of the leadership council develop their skillset and offer an opportunity for others to serve. The LYP Leadership Council and Chamber Leadership encourages everyone to check out the program and learn more about the people who are part of the LYP program. The opportunities in the parish make this the best time to foster and grow this important program.
LYP Council Chair 2020-21
Gulf South Technology Solutions, LLC
LYP Council Chair 2019-20
The Kinchen Group
LYP Council Chair 2018 - 19
First Guaranty Bank